The LLVM Developers' Meeting is a bi-annual 2 day gathering of the entire
LLVM Project community. The conference is organized by the LLVM Foundation and
many volunteers within the LLVM community. Developers and users of LLVM, Clang,
and related subprojects will enjoy attending interesting talks, impromptu
discussions, and networking with the many members of our community. Whether you
are a new to the LLVM project or a long time member, there is something for
What can you can expect at an LLVM Developers' Meeting?
- Technical Talks
- These 30 minutes talks cover all topics from core infrastructure talks,
to project's using LLVM's infrastructure. Attendees will take away technical
information that could be pertinent to their project or general interest.
- Tutorials are 50-60 minute sessions that dive down deep into a technical
topic. Expect in depth examples and explanations.
- Lightning Talks
- These are fast 5 minute talks that give you a taste of a project or topic.
Attendees will hear a wide range of topics and probably leave wanting to learn
- Panel sessions are guided discussions about a specific topic. The panel
consists of ˜3 developers who discuss a topic through prepared questions from a
moderator. The audience is also given the opportunity to ask questions of the
- Student Research Competition
- Students present their research using LLVM or related subproject. These are
usually 20 minute technical presentations with Q&A. The audience will vote at
the end for the winning presentation and paper.
- Poster Session
- An hour long session where selected posters are on display, with the presenters
available for learning more on each poster.
- Round Table Discussions
- Informal and impromptu discussions on a specific topic. During the
conference there are set time slots where groups can organize to discuss a
problem or topic.
- Birds of a Feather
- More formal discussions on a specific topic that is usually guided by a slide deck.
- Evening Reception
- After a full day if technical talks and discussions, join your fellow
attendees for an evening reception to continue the conversation and meet even
What types of people attend?
- Active developers of projects in the LLVM Umbrella
(LLVM core, Clang, LLDB, libc++, compiler_rt, klee, lld, etc).
- Anyone interested in using these as part of another project.
- Students and Researchers
- Compiler, programming language, and runtime enthusiasts.
- Those interested in using compiler and toolchain technology in novel
and interesting ways.
The LLVM Developers' Meetings strive to be the best conference to
meet other LLVM developers and users.
For future announcements or questions: Please sign up for the
LLVM Developers' Meeting list.
Call for Presentations
Coming in June
Travel Grants for Students
Due to the event being virtual and the global pandemic, there will be no travel grants.
Code of Conduct
The LLVM Foundation is dedicated to providing an inclusive and safe
experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any
form. By registering for this event, we expect you to have read and agree to
the LLVM Code of Conduct.
To contact the organizer,
email Tanya Lattner